Yearly pet wellness exams for Tucson pets are a key component of veterinary medicine. In addition to vaccinating your pet, our veterinarians will check their weight and temperature, and perform a full body examination.
Pet wellness exams at our Catalina Foothills clinic consist of a full body inspection and typically includes:
- Eyes – observe changes to pupils or vision examine the eyelids, cornea, and internal structure for damage or disease.
- Ears – check for infection or debris, mites, and loss of hearing.
- Mouth/teeth – look for ulcers and growths, abscessed or broken teeth, gingivitis, and dental calculi.
- Skin – screen for dry skin, dermatitis and allergies, fleas, ticks, and growths or masses, check toenails and anal glands.
- Abdomen – palpate the organs for masses or abnormalities.
- Extremities – test mobility and musculature.
- Cardiovascular – listen for abnormal heart sounds and lung disease.
- Neurological – evaluate reflexes, coordination, and pain levels.
Early diagnosis of problems during pet wellness exams for Tucson pets can help them live a long, happy life. Wellness exams also give us an opportunity to tailor preventative treatments to each individual animal. For example, as your pet ages, we may recommend adding bloodwork in with your pet’s routine wellness exam to ensure their organs continue to function properly into their senior years. We always recommend an annual heartworm and fecal tests.
During pet wellness exams in Tanque Verde, you are also given the opportunity to consult with us about your pet’s lifestyle, including nutritional counseling, behavioral changes, and more. We appreciate this time to get to know both you and your pet so that when medical challenges arise, we can provide the most thoughtful care and treatment possible!
Proudly Serving Tucson, Oro Valley, East Tucson, Northeast Tucson, Ventana Canyon, Sabino Canyon, Bear Canyon, Catalina Foothills, Tanque Verde & Vail for all your pet wellness needs.
Early diagnosis of problems during pet wellness exams for Tucson pets can help them live a long, happy life.
Full Body Examination
The wellness exam is a proactive approach to identify medical issues in your pet before they become a problem. We comprehensively examine all body systems.
Taking care of your precious pet’s health starts with a thorough veterinary exam. To schedule an appointment for your pet, call us at (520) 547-9320.
Call us or schedule an appointment online.
Meet with a doctor for an initial exam.
Put a plan together for your pet.